Sunday, July 7, 2013

Too Many Ideas?

This week, I'm feeling significantly better about my project. I was able to create several themes that I want to organize my information into for my literature review. Since I'm interested in looking at music, I want to look at the influence of music on academic achievement, the emotional aspects of music, and the argument of integrated arts education vs. arts education as a stand-alone.

I really appreciated all the times of discussion I had in different groups this last week. I got great ideas and feedback from multiple people, and that really helped me feel like I had the supportive community which Hubbard & Power write about.

Next step, I need to nail down exactly how I want to implement music into the classroom so I can fill out the IRB paperwork. This little step fell through the cracks somehow, and now I'm going to have to make some very big decisions. I have so many great ideas of how I can put music into the classroom - now I have to pick one. And perhaps marry it. Yikes. Do I give the kids instruments? Do I do some sort of musical project? Do I have them write songs and sing/perform them? Do I ask them to connect music to different types of emotions? So many options, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.