Monday, July 8, 2013

Stress Level is Rising

I don't know if it is the amount of work we have to do this week or the end of the semester coming quickly or the amount of IRB work we have to do (I was not expecting that), but I am starting to stress now. I've been trying to keep a positive mindset and I'm still not completely overwhelmed with stress, but I am worried about getting everything done for this class and the others. The IRB and the literature review are huge assignments and I do not feel like I have made enough progress. I guess that just means I need to put more pep in my step. Anyway, besides the stress level rising quickly, I am actually happy that I have found some articles about multiculturalism, which is the last key part of my question. It was not until last week that I started looking and finding resources. I have not finished reading it yet, but Jolynn actually gave me a great article for my project that really gave me hope that there is more research and writing out there that is connected to my question.
One thing I still need to focus more on is finding actual research articles. My goal this week is to get up to the 20 articles, which includes research specific ones, and start reading/skimming them and getting it all organized. I started off strong in organization and I've fallen behind a bit, so hopefully this week I can get back on track and ahead!
If anyone has anything on multiculturalism or art integration I would love to see it and if anything needs anything related to that, I am more than willing to share!

6 comments:

  1. I started feeling this way too, Christina. I feel like I've been doing a little bit of everything, but not moving very far on any one project. For me, check lists and goals work great, both as a way of accountability as well as helping with stress level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in this together! I think a lot of us are still gathering our articles..so don't sweat it too much! At this point, time management will be on our side as well as our amazing social support system that will keep us on track and SANE! I also use check lists and set small goals that are reasonable (remember, baby steps, right??)

    17 days till this session is over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.

    "I'm survivor, im not gon' give up! ima work hard! keep on survivin'" (Destiny's Child, 1999)

    lol or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.kqed.org/education/educators/arts.jsp

    arts integration into education!! lots of multiculturism!

    this was brought to my attention at the Arts Really Teach conference we went to last yearish! The seminar was called "Cultural Fluency through digital media" i believe. If we go back again, I strongly suggest you attend it!

    -Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stina! I love the idea of your topic and cannot wait to hear about what you find...I think it will be interesting. You should look read the book Black Ants and Buddhists by Mary Cowhey, it is a phenomenal book all about how this one teacher integrates multiculturalism into the classroom. I read it in my undergrad and would highly recommend it! Also, to do lists and checklists are super helpful to keep you accountable and make you feel accomplished at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My stress level is souring through the roof at this point. I decided this weekend to completely change topics and tackle a whole new monster! I really don't know how I'm going to get everything done, but I'm glad I'm not in this alone and have the support of my peers. We will get through it together! EYE OF THE TIGER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.