After choosing my topic I thought it would an interesting topic to research, but after beginning my research, I became deeply fascinated and excited about the topic. At the start, my research focused on what happened to student interest when experiential learning was a part of literacy instruction. However, after beginning my research, I broadened it to what happens when experiential learning is a part of literacy instruction. The results of my research so far has been several examples of teachers using various sorts of experiential learning strategies in literacy instruction. Their results and findings have been the basis of my research thus far.
The research process can be tough. But you don't have to do it alone! This blog is a collection of our reflections on the process and a place for conversations between projects.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Experiential learning in literacy
As I began thinking more about my research project, I continuously came back to the idea of experiential learning. I am very interested in the use of hands-on learning, group work project based learning, etc. in the classroom. I would go back and forth between focusing on a specific type of experiential learning and how it effects various academic subjects, or focus on one academic subject and see how experiential learning effects that subject. I came to my conclusion after a group discussion with some class mates in which I said I have used experiential learning strategies in science, math, and social studies, but never in literacy. I wondered what experiential learning would like like in literacy instruction so this is what I my topic became.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.