The mini lesson this week was really helpful in that it helped unpack my question and see the many different sub-questions within my research question and the different approaches that I might consider taking when collecting data. Also, unpacking the question allowed me to see the different limitations my research topic had. In addition, the small group meeting with Jolynn was very beneficial. I was able to describe what I wanted to look into and get very good insight and ideas from both Jolynn and my peers.
At this point, I'm still unsure about my topic and am still keeping an open mind on the possibly of changing topics (still just dating...). I think that I just need to keep looking into the ideas I got from the small group meeting (project based instruction and thematic instruction). Hopefully looking into these ideas and continuing my research on interdisciplinary approaches will lead me to falling in love and, as Beyonce once said, "put a ring on it."
Oh Beyonce! She really understands the struggles inherent in an MA research project. "No, I don't want no scrub. A scrub is a (MA research project topic) that can't get no love from me."
ReplyDelete